Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Ubiquitous Depression

I am not quite used to living my life aimlessly at the moment. That somehow depresses me. I can feel the depression everywhere, sinisterly teasing me.


Came back to the city 5 days ago. Realized the biggest advantage of me being in the city is - I can finally wear perfume again!
(I was once allergic to perfume in the island where I suffered from rashes on all the spots I wore perfume, how strange that such thing only happened in the island. God knows why was it).


Apart from clearing some knick-knacks in one of my luggage, I have not unpacked my 25-kg suitcase. My clothes are still folded nicely in there. I am expecting something, I know too well but I don't want to put so much of hope in it anymore.


Went back to my late grandma's place today. It was hard to believe that she has gone. In the car, I was asking myself what do I expect to see when I have reached the house she used to stay. I got the answer the moment I set foot in the house - I sensed loneliness, and silence that I never like. How she smiled when she saw me, the way she asked me about work and how she teased me for working too hard and should spend some time looking for a partner rang vividly in my mind again. I don't like this, I really don't. I want her back.


Sunset in the island. Is that what they are talking about? The curse thing? People who once worked here will come back eventually? I don't know but well, I don't mind going back as tourist though. I seriously missed the dining sessions. I want Chardonnay and Merlot by the beach.


Merlot at Laundry Bar, The Curve, Mutiara Damansara

Being born and raised in the city, I know too well that my heart is way too connected to this fast-paced bustling place. However, sipping Merlot in a mall was just somehow not as satisfying as what I used to do in the island - where I was accompanied by the evening breeze, sound of waves and sometimes, the famed sunset.


Maybe I should really be more aggressive and get my time occupied with works. Work chases depressions away. I want to be a workaholic again :)


Off you go, loneliness and depression, don't pretend to be my friends.


Lotsa love and bless me...

No comments:

Post a Comment