Friday, November 5, 2010

Travel back in time ... to Bali

I am reminiscing those enjoyable pleasure moments I'd had in Bali.

I feel like traveling again. Where to? Istanbul. I like exotic places.

However, there is always a but following - I don't think I can splurge on any vacation at the moment. I have started to feel guilty on all my over-indulging vacations. I should have some plans for my future. Maybe I can travel in my memories, in histories, in photos this time. That cures :)


It took me 2 hours to reach Ubud from Nusa Dua - for the very famous "Babi Panggang" - grilled pork. It looks very 80's for me, this little packed wooden hut :)


All pork ribs are made to order. Aren't these huge, tender-looking pork ribs sinfully tempting?


The menu. All written on different boards and hung on the wall...


Awards & certificates are all lined and displayed on the wall too. Frankly I was amazed by all the accolades given to this really humble place. I was already sweating like the pork ribs being grilled while merely sitting in the restaurant for less than 10 minutes.

(You don't wait to be seated. This place is always packed with tourists / locals from all over the places. You either grab a place with the fastest speed, or you share the long table with other guests, which is sort of fun as you get to make new friends)


I had rice with the gigantic grilled pork ribs. The special chili sauce (drizzled on top of the rice) was so good that I thought of buying a whole jar of it for my mom, she will love it for sure. My tour guide (who is also the girlfriend of my ex-colleague) gave me a "WHAT?" look when I told her that I wanted to buy the sauce.


Well, I didn't buy it at the end.


The ribs, the rice and the sauce were perfect match. So tender, so flavorsome. I kept quiet the moment I sank my teeth in the tenderness of the ribs. I hadn't got much time to talk apart from telling her that it was really good. I spent most of my time lingering in the ultimate pleasure of having the ribs.


I didn't regret for not eating other signature dishes such as Babi Guling or Bebek Pengil. It's okay, I can always go back, but with a travel partner this time :)


By the way, I was quite shocked when I got the bill as it was relatively pricey for a place like this. Oh, millions of Ruppiah :)


Headed to Tagallalang after this lunch, smelling exactly like I have been marinated and put on the pit, grill to perfection. Well, that doesn't sound really sexy for me, I like myself smelling like Versace.


Naughty Nuri's Warung and Grill
Jl. Raya Sanggingan, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
(Across the road from Neka Musuem)
http://www.naughty-nuris.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment