Friday, October 29, 2010

Auf Wiedersehen


Posting this 6 hours before I head to the airport and go back to my city hometown. Looking at this photo (where I worked in the island), I feel obligated to write a summary on what I have done while being here for 372 days.

  • Slightly depressed when I first started.
  • Moved three times and stayed in three different quarter / apartment.
  • Packed and unpacked in one day (which makes me an expert in packing now).
  • Slightly tanned. 
  • Gained weight (please don't ask my current figure if you see me now or I get very depressed).
  • Traveled alone twice.
  • Got real drunk twice.
  • Met great media partners from everywhere.
  • Don't have many friends but a few real interesting people who I love to spend time with and to cherish the friendship.
  • Met someone and done something I never thought I will be doing.
  • Met someone who cooked for me (As mentioned in my blog, I always have a soft spot for someone who can / is willing to cook for me).
  • Lost someone special (my grandma, I mean).
  • Drank so frequently that during my last week here I drank almost every alternate day?
  • Truly enjoyed Veuve Clicquot, Moet & Chandon and Prosecco here (Don't think I can splurge on them back in the city so often anymore).
  • Loving red wine now, thanks to Mei.
  • Ate too much Italian food (but still loving it).
  • Rode a motorbike for more than 30 minutes (I have never been on bike for so many years and definitely not anything more than 10 minutes).
  • Walked on the beach at night.
  • Sang Katy Perry's "Hot & Cold" for so many times during New Year's Eve party last year, which was insanely fun.
  • Most importantly, being here has someohow turned me into a calmer person. I am not as temperamental as I used to be now. Much better, in fact.
Lotsa love to everyone who has contributed a precious chapter in my life...
I should stop writing else I will start to feel melancholic again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment