Monday, October 25, 2010

Four for Four Seasons

I am supposed to start packing now. In fact, I should have started yesterday. Anyway, don't give a damn at the moment because I feel like writing this, while everything is still vividly clear. Had my farewell dinner at Four Seasons Langkawi on Oct 23rd with Anniek and Eelco (both Dutch), and Mei, who is somehow "Dutch-ish" due to being in the Netherlands for five years (she speaks Dutch, not to forget a Dutch boyfriend as well).


Walking around the resort compound which looks pretty much like maze, but everything is so fabulously amusing. This place somehow makes me feel like getting married (again).

Ahem, single woman, stop dreaming and come back to your blog.

But hey, this place is gorgeous and I would love to take my wedding photographs here. 

Well okay, I am just trying to express how amazing this resort is. Saw heaps of pretty wedding photos taken here though...


I seriously love this beach. This is so much nicer than the other parts of the island. Seriously. I could stay here the whole day, reading book, sunbathing, have cocktails or Moet  & Chandon... what a life...


Enjoying the famed sunset at Rhu Bar...


Was on the phone for about 15 minutes. Walking aimlessly by the beach while talking. Like this artsy photo taken by the geek.


Photo courtesy of Anniek as I was too busy on the phone @@. Look at the sunset. Unbelievably romantic...


 Al-fresco dining area of Serai - the Italian / Mediterranean restaurant at Four Seasons. Our table was the first one from left.


Here started the dinner after one round of drink at Rhu Bar. Look at the girls' expressions. Guess they were concentrating on speech.


Prosecco and sparkling water. Love them in an unexplainable way. I am sorry, I wasn't the one ordering the wine so I seriously can't remember the name of it. And, I am not a Sommelier even though I am dying to be one nor I am brilliant enough to tell which vineyard produced this wine just after one sip (The water, of course, was S. Pallegrino)



Anniek, me and Mei. Gosh, they commented that I have this "Joe's face" that appears in all photos so I had to do something different...



Eelco and me...


Amuse bouche courtesy of the restaurant.



My appetizer - deep fried calamari and prawn with spicy tomato sauce (which wasn't spicy at all). It wasn't fantastic even though the seafood was definitely fresh as I found them a lil' too salty



I can't comment on this salad as I didn't try but it looked pretty decent.



Anniek and Mei had the same "Chef's Special" three-course that night. Their starter - Sliced Rare Yellow Fin Tuna, Orange Segments, Green Beans, Fennel Salad and Olive Tapenade. Very nice presentation.


Pinot Noir for the main course. Again, wasn't order by me. He did mention the name though. Cloudy Bay Marlborough if I am not wrong? I have somehow changed I guess. I feel more comfortable with red wine these days after two years of my usual Chardonnay / Riesling.

Note: Two years ago, I puked immediately upon finishing a bottle of Chardonnay followed by a bottle of Merlot. I seriously thought it was Merlot's fault for making me looked ugly. That's why...


My main course - Roasted Sea Bass with Cauliflower Broccoli Guazzetto and Spring Onion Smashed Potatoes. Was great. Seriously I was half-stuffed after the appetizer so I didn't finish the whole main course.


Roasted Lamb Rack. Can't comment much on this as I didn't try as well. Heard from Mei that it wasn't quite "rare" even though she asked for it...



Three-cheese Lagsane


My dessert - Mixed Berries Sorbet. I've had better I must say... This was too sweet for my liking...



Exquisite dessert platter, courtesy of the restaurant as well. I only had the biscotti even though I am a big fan of chocolate as I was way too stuffed for more food.


A "full-moon" farewell party. Headed to Rhu Bar again for more drinks after dinner. Lying on the day bed, chatting, constantly yelling that I felt offended for being the only one who does not have any clue on Dutch apart from "Schatje" and "Dankjewel".

We strolled along the beach. Trying to enjoy the sand and the breeze as much as I can.

I will definitely miss all the laughter we had. It was such a lovely and perfect evening. In fact, one of the best I have ever had here...

I have started to feel melancholic now. I think I am going to cry so bad on Wednesday.
I am going to miss you guys so bad, even though Mei, I am not in the Top 50 list for your wedding, haha...

"What time do you start on Wednesday? 9 am? Okay, I am going to make you cry starting from 9 am"
(Please be kind to me Anniek dear)

Oh, another discovery. I was perfectly fine last night even after Pina Colada, Prosecco, Pinot Noir and Bombay Sapphire. Not even a slight dizziness. Guess my biggest enemy will be beer, always.


Entrance to the resort. A hot spot for photography :)

Four Seasons Resort Langkawi.
Jalan Tanjung Rhu, 07000 Langkawi, 
Kedah Darul Aman, Malaysia
Tel: + 604 950 8888

No comments:

Post a Comment