Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Westin Resort, Nusa Dua, Bali

Being a Starwood die-hard fan (in certain circumstances), I have decided to stay in one of the sister properties for my solo Bali trip. First choice was not exactly (urrr-hmm) The Westin Resort, Nusa Dua in Bali but the other sister properties were all fully-booked. So, okay, here I came :)


Was first greeted by a traditional dancer upon arrival, (later the security check and scan @@). It was really personalized and "Balinese".



The facade is not really "Balinese" but interior is totally lovely. Wooden touches with a lot of candles and lively botanical arrangements.



I am sorta "soothed" when stepped into the lobby. It's HUGE, modern but with Balinese touches.Very elegant as well. Most importantly, it is air-conditioned...


I love the floating flowers at the entrance of the resort. Simple but gorgeous, and very zen too...


There are candles all around the resort at night, which I love so much. So romantic...


The lobby is a smoke free area and this is being placed on all the tables. I didn't know how I did this from my DSLR but I really really like the dark surrounding effect that compliments...



The welcome fruit platter and chocolate pralines, courtesy of the resort. Was really nice to see something on my coffee table when I checked-in to my room.


My room. Was not as nice as I thought but overall was quite cozy. The iconic King-size Heavenly Bed is simply heaven and too large for myself alone. I slept only on one side throughout the four nights. The housekeeper should be loving me for it :P


Camwhore the first thing after putting everyone in place :P


The main pool. Frankly I didn't swim in this pool even once. Most of the time I lazed around the beach area. They have a very cool water slide for kids. Would really love to try that but I am afraid they might not allow someone with big ass to spoil it :P


View from my room. The nice pathway leads me to the beach area....



Me, camwhore again in my room with the fuschia sarong that I bought for myself in Bali (it's unbelievably cheap and compliments my fuschia bikini :P)

More on Bali next (oh, don't give me that face, I have so much to tell...)

Love, Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment