Saturday, March 12, 2011

So Seoul Yummy

Wandered around The Central Mall, looking for food with my ex-colleague. Grumpy and hungry. Menu displayed outside captured our attention. Went in straight and ordered a set menu for two persons in less than 10 minutes.

I am not a K-pop person. My young cousin was once trying hard to introduce me Shinee, SJ or TBXQ etc. In less than 2 minutes, I got all of them mixed up. I think I have only watched two Korean drama series in my entire life. Korean food, however, is something I fancy.

As usual - the side dishes. They serve spicy cold tofu (first on left), potato salad, braised nuts, pickled cucumber, fried anchovies and of course, Kimchi.


My all-time favourite - spicy Kimchi soup with pork, tofu, shiitake mushroom and other generous condiments all found in the thick, rich soup. Hot, spicy and absolutely delicious! (In fact the best I have ever tasted) What's Korean food without Kimchi soup?


The set meal for two comes with three main courses for you to choose. We agreed on the Spicy Beef Glass Noodles as one of them and it's definitely the right choice. Can never get enough of the bouncy glass noodles with huge slices of beef   (I ordered the same during my subsequent visit as well...)



Another main course - Spicy (again) Hot Plate Chicken. I would say there isn't anything extraordinary to yell about this dish. The chicken is tender, would be better if it is spicier... 


Some of the other choices include Hot Plate Salmon, Bibimbap and Saba Fish. The Saba Fish is pretty decent though.


Staying in this small island could be very depressing sometimes, as I don't seem to be able to find good food easily. Seoul Yummy is one of the few exceptions so far.


Guten Appetit, liebe...

Seoul Yummy
The Central Mall
Level 3-92/95
6 Eu Tong Sen Street, Singapore
Tel: +65 62278802

2 comments: