Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mamma Mia Italiano ... Mondo Mio

In order to create the ambiance to write a review for an Italian restaurant, I am tuning into Italian songs - by my all-time favourite, Il Divo.

My ex-colleague highly recommended Mondo Mio for real good Italian food, especially their risotto. After watching "The Guru of Chai" play (pretended to be artistic :P), me and my only bestie in this small island headed to this restaurant.

I love Italian food, even though they are fattening. Sigh.


Being a ravioli die-hard fan, I will order this dish whenever I find it in the menu. Mondo Mio serves Ravioli di Ricotta & Spinaci in Crema di Formaggio. 


The menu says "Truly authentic Italian dumplings filled with spinach and ricotta cheese and tossed in a creamy cheese sauce". I was stunned when the dish was served, even before I tried it - as I can count how many pieces are there! You got it - 8 tiny pieces and guess what, I was starving that time so I took less than 15 minutes to finish it. Yeah right, I know I am a big eater. Frankly I don't find ravioli here extraordinary. The Lobster Ravioli I had at Centro KL (I think the restaurant is closed down now) was the best, followed by the Salmon and Pumpkin Ravioli at L'osteria Langkawi.


Bestie had the Pasta all’Amatriciana - your choice of Italian pasta served in a slightly spicy tomato sauce flavoured with thinly sliced onion and bacon.We both found that the pasta was not cooked al-dente but UNCOOKED. Too bad. Didn't like it at all.


As mentioned earlier, I was starving and 8 tiny pieces of ravioli were not filling enough for big eater. So I went for dessert. We shared the Chocolate Profiterole. It was okay but the ice-cream tasted like normal Nestle ice-cream instead of gelato that a decent Italian restaurant should serve.



We didn't enjoy the dinner though. Well I guess everyone deserves a second chance. Maybe I will pay a visit again for something else.


Guten Appetit!

Mondo Mio
30, Robertson Quay
Riverside View #01-02A
Singapore 238251

No comments:

Post a Comment