Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bear with Beer

Oh, I am back to my long-abandoned blog. Still alive. Still some stories on Bali but I am gonna' say something else now. Have just spoiled myself with a short but great shopping trip to Jakarta. Stayed at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski (from 6th to 8th August) due the the superb location - the hotel is connected and situated right next to Grand Indonesia, the gigantic shopping town,  heaven for a shopaholic like me...

The hotel is simply stunning, elegant but not too overwhelming, quite of my preference. Anyway, before I go further into the hotel and room, I want to start off with my beer story.

I don't know since when I don't really like beer, ever since I got addicted to hard liquor? Excuse me, don't give me that look, I am not AA nor Alcoholic nor I practice Alcoholism. I just prefer my gin and vodka. Kempinski has got a really cool microbrewery - Paulaner Brauhaus which serves fresh-brewed Bavarian beer. The first night, which was Friday, I went there with my friend to this happening place with live band, lotsa pretty girls, well-dressed top to toe and of course, beers are ubiquitous.



Tanks and tanks of beer are served every night I guess...


Did some catch up with him and was introduced to the really jovial and friendly brew master from Germany. Had two glasses of beer, one dark and one light, 500 ml each. Prior to that I had a glass of white wine for my dinner. Later, we hopped to a club nearby for more drinks. Great, no more beer, I had two gin tonic(s) there.


 Got the brew master, Andreas (as shown in pic, haha, just kidding) to sign on the coaster for me to bring back as a small memento :)


 This is the dark beer...


The consequence? We walked out from the club, and I was just, sigh... drunk and I had a hang over till 3 pm the next day. Don't ask me why. I don't know but I think I am going to blame the beer :p

The next day, we went to Paulaner again and I had the smallest beer (again). This time, the 300 ml-beer lasted me for more than 2 hours. I gave up. My beer was warm then. I had my gin tonic instead.

He commented:" You can never be a good Austrian or German or Swiss!" (Because of my low acceptance towards beer?) "It's okay laaa, I am a Malaysian (Chinese)!"

Oh, being surrounded by a bunch of Germans and German-speaking people that two nights made me feel regretted on why didn't I be more determined to learn German last time? It's not too late now I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment