Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The oh-so-sweet Macaroons

Guess the French will always be proud of their cuisine, well, shouldn't they? At least I think they should be superbly proud with their MARACOONS! This little colourful sweet thing is just innocently beautiful and even a cold-hearted people like me will have an unexplainable soft spot for it.


Found the most beautiful Macaroons in CANELÉ Singapore last month, they were like, Angels, yeah, angels without wings but they are no doubt adorable. Each in a petite size of merely 5 cm in diameter, and comes in 12 different colours and flavours. I grabbed a dozen of different flavours, in purple, pink, white, beige, brown, orange, green... all being neatly arranged in the box. Trust me, it's the prettiest thing I have ever seen.


CANELÉ Pâtisserie Chocolaterie in Paragon, Singapore.


These little angels, aren't they wonderful?



Macaroons like these speak thousand words.

A huge array of desserts available at CANELÉ.


The much celebrated GODIVA under the Valiram Group in KL Pavilion does offer macaroons as well - gigantic pistachio macaroons with heavenly chocolate in the center. Well, it tastes good but doesn't look as great as the petite macaroons from CANELÉ.



The pistachio macaroon from GODIVA cafe, KL Pavilion. It is huge, almost the size of a doughnut...



The chocolate in the centre is sinful, a perfect balance between dark and milk chocolate...


When I saw the photo I snapped in CANELÉ, I told myself, I will melt for someone who will buy me macaroons like that but sad thing happened thereafter though. So if anyone of you happened to know any place in KL that sells beautiful macaroons like those from CANELÉ, do let me know :)

CANELÉ Macaroons (Paragon, Singapore): SGD 2.30 / piece, SGD 28.50 for 1 dozen in gift box
GODIVA Pistachio Macaroons (Pavilion, KL): RM 14.90 / piece



Till then, lotsa love, XOXO and more food expeditions coming up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment