Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hong Kong Dessert

I love sweet stuffs and I am blessed that I don't have diabetes till now (fingers crossed)...
A Hong Kong dessert shop in Taman Usahawan Kepong, near to Metro Prima has been gaining extensive publicity lately. Paid a visit and tried a few “unconventional” desserts.


Direct translation "Hong Kong Dessert Brother", weird name isn't it? But it is said that all the desserts here are authentic Hong Kong style desserts.


How should I describe this? Shaved-ice with vanila ice-cream. mango, banana, dried longan and some sesame-like seed. An innovative combination I would say. Tastes like, nothing special, like putting different ingredients together and make sure it's a bowl of edible dessert :)

The mango (yellow) and durian (green) pancake. So-so as well...


A really nice presentataion, with various fruits like banana (again),peaches, watermelon and kiwi. Underneath the fruits are nata de coco and grass jelly. Light sweetener is served together. You may opt to pour the sweetener to give it a little taste. This dessert wins in terms of presentation, tastes normal but it's not something I can find outside.


The famous Hong Kong dessert - Mango puree with sago and pomelo. How good is it? Hmmm, I am not a big fan of this dessert, but it's good in terms of the thick and pure mango puree.

I think I will be back. For some nice fruits with nata de coco. The main reason is, the shop is so near to my house and it's a good place to hang out with besties if not wanting to wander far to the town area for some comfort food. A good place to go with your loved ones? Oh, it depends, how sweet would you wanna be?



Hong Kong Dessert
Address: D-G-6, Jalan Metro Perdana 3, Taman Usahawan Kepong (behing Carrefour Kepong)
Tel: 603 - 6251 0209
Prices range from RM 4 to RM 10 ++

Lotsa Love, XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment